Monday, December 9, 2013

Oh hey!

In case anyone still reads this thing... whoa, I've been gone for far too long! My bad. Here's what's up in my cold little iced-over piece of Pennsylvania!

Can I use the excuse, "it's a crazy time of year" when I say that every other week? I didn't think so. Still, it's crazy! My kiddos kick off the year with their Square 1 Art projects, as I like to have my products done and delivered in time for Christmas... which means our Square 1, while almost finished, is still going on. We've been very busy! It's not easy coordinating a successful fundraiser for 700 children!

On top of that, our annual elementary musical, normally a Spring event, was moved to the Fall this year. That meant that I had to select my Art Enrichment (fifth grade art club) students as soon as the year began, as I needed them to help me paint musical scenery. We spent weeks designing, drawing, painting, and setting up the stage. Thankfully, as of a week ago, the musical is over and my head can stop spinning!

Let's not forget all of the regular duties, schedule switch-ups, and, oh yes, actual teaching that is required each and every day. That in itself is a whirlwind!

And on top of it all, I was sick for about 9 weeks. It felt as if I had a hangover for 2 months, people. But it's going to be worth it, because in May, there will be a BABY! My husband and I are expecting our first little one at the end of the school year, which is even more exciting than summer vacation itself (until now, I didn't think anything was more exciting than summer vacation).

Gosh I look good pregnant...

Now that I'm into my second trimester, I'm back to feeling almost like myself. Hopefully that will translate to lots of long overdue posts!

Meanwhile, it seems that this art baby business is contagious (congrats! and more congrats!), so friends, you be careful out there! ;-)


No comments :

Post a Comment