Thursday, February 21, 2013

Gifts

This week has been an odd one. I woke up on Monday with a tightness in my chest that told me it might be a tricky few days, and despite setting my attitude to 'positive,' my instincts were right. It hasn't been a bad week, per say--just not sunshine and rainbows.

Yesterday, when things were not looking so good at school, I was perked up by a fabulous delivery:


It felt like it was my birthday or something! Very cool.

And that was just the icing on the cake--before that, I had checked my RSS feed to find a sweet post by one of my favorite online gals, Jen, who had shared a list of blogs to check out, and included mine! I felt famous. And I felt so good!


So thank you, Sax Arts, for your bountiful gifts, and thank you, Jen, for your undeserved kindness. (By the way, if you don't read Jen's blog, you're nuts. Stop being ridiculous and go subscribe. And look at the other blogs mentioned, because theirs are fabulous.)

I'm not sure this counts as paying it forward, but for those of you who are like me and can't find the time (or the attention span, hehe) to sit down and watch the news, or read the newspaper cover to cover, here's a little something for you. Each morning, as I check my email and prep for the day, I also take a few minutes to read The Skimm, a daily summary of important news stories sent right to my email account. Since I started reading it a few weeks ago, I am much more up to date on current affairs, and more understanding of the big headlines. If you want to check it out, visit http://www.theskimm.com/?r=QYD7 to register your name and email. It's free and it's fantastic!

Now, let's make the rest of this week wonderful!

4 comments :

  1. I hope your are feeling better! I am going to check out the skimm.com We recently went to the Online Dallas Morning news instead of paper. I do love to be up to date on the current events!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm heading out early today to allow myself some extra rest. As far as the newspaper goes, the only reason we subscribe to the Sunday paper is for the coupons! Yes, I read some of it, but those coups are great. ;)

      Delete
  2. I have those exact same crayons and liquid watercolors. LOVEEEEE THEM.

    You are too sweet saying those kind words.

    Also, the skimm looks pretty awesome. That is exactly what I need since I never have time to do anything else. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Skimm's humor--hope you enjoy!

      More packages came this morning--gyotaku fish, which were kind of frightening inside a big, dark box, but totally wonderful, too!

      Delete